- Swimmers must obey all lifeguard directions at all times.
- Swimmers are not allowed to be more than chest deep or less depending on conditions.
- Swimmers are not allowed more than 50 yards from shore or less depending on conditions.
- Jumping or diving from piers is not permitted.
- Only canvas rafts equipped with safety ropes may be used in the ocean.
- Swimming within 50 yards of a pier is prohibited.
- Surfboards, paddle boards and skimboards are allowed.
- No surfing within 75 yards of any pier.
- All surfers must wear a surfing leash with a maximum length of 7-feet at all times.
Tents & Umbrellas
- NO TENTS on the beach from Memorial Day – Labor Day.
- Round umbrellas with a diameter of 7 feet, 6 inches or less are permitted.
- Small pop-up/blow-up cabanas for infants and very small children, are permitted on the beach.
- Any shading devices that impede the lifeguard’s view/area of responsibility, may be asked to move.
- No shading device within 10-feet of any umbrella line (established by the lifeguards.)
- Shading devices must be in line with or landward of the umbrella line (established by the lifeguards.)
- Items (shading devices, floats, chairs, etc.) remaining on the beach between the hours of 7pm and 8am will be removed.
On the Beach
- Do not cut, break, or otherwise destroy sea oat plants, beach grass, or sand fencing.
- Sleeping on the beach or at a beach access is not allowed between 9pm and sunrise.
- No soliciting on the beach or other public property.
- No fires, grills, or other cookers are prohibited on the beach and beach accesses.
- Thong bathing suits are prohibited.
- Fireworks are illegal within the city limits of all Grand Strand municipalities.
- Disposing of litter or solid waste is illegal on public and private property.
- Cigarette butts are considered litter. The court may impose fines, litter cleanup hours, and jail time.
- Glass containers are prohibited on the beach.
- It is unlawful to drive or operate a motor vehicle on the beach.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol is prohibited on the beach.
- Bicycles are NOT permitted on the beach between the hours of 10am and 5pm from May 1 through Labor Day.
- Any animal on the beach must be on a handheld leash not to exceed six feet in length.
- Animals must remain under control of the person who has custody of the animal.
- Animals are not permitted on the beach from 10am – 5pm from May 15th – September 15th.
- Owners are responsible for the removal of pet waste on beaches and other public property.
- Reptiles and exotic animals are prohibited on the beach or beach accesses.